To me, this baby shower was as good an excuse as any to have a FOOD ROAD TRIP...

Our first stop of that morning would be here, in the Diamond Jamboree stripmall...the same one with 85C Bakery, some revolving sushi place, H-Mart and a slew of other Asian businesses and restaurants...
Looks like Chae Bahn is out of business and replaced with Yigah (another Korean restaurant)...

We excercised great restraint and only ended up with three items (foodwise). I saw these interesting Ham rolls, next to some Corn rolls and the Frank roll. I think you already know which one TC wanted.

Here are those pretty boxes for the macs. Amazingly enough, I did NOT buy any macs during this visit. Not a one!

I think I might be mac'd out, haha. But really, this was a first for me!
Even though I really don't like pumpkin at all, I couldn't help but be attracted to the Japanese pumpkin green tea cake. The colors are so very pretty!

Our tray before it got rung up. As you can see, we were finally utilizing the coupon I got during my last visit, $2 off any $10 purchase. There was no expiration date either.

Our total, included our two drinks ended up being $10.13 (with the $2 off). TC had a mango smoothie with those gross boba balls while Bert had some sort of mocha coffee or peppermint or something like that.

Aaaah, breakfast...(part 1, heh heh)!

TC's Frank roll - oh, can you see it hiding in there?

Bert's chocolate croissant which he really really liked...so flaky and crisp!

Now this was mine, the Ham roll. Cathy, if you're reading this, this is what you should try next time you're up! In the spirit of Cathy's food choices, I thought I would change things up by getting a ham and cheese savory item. Just look at the bubbly and delicious mayo/cheese/onion topping...

The ham slice was spiraled into the bread which was nice and soft and also warm!

Having our breakfast here was a great start to our day...

Ham roll, I love you!
All right, I just had to throw this in...but whenever I hear the word "frank" instead of "hot dog", I think of this classic scene from "There's Something About Mary":
"How the hell did you get the beans over the frank?"
I like how you can hear the mentally disabled brother (of Cameron Diaz's character) saying, "Franks and beans! Beans and franks!"
Who else went to Bon Epi?
Cathy of mmm-Yoso went here with me in early June and posted on it this past August.
My last visit to Bon Epi:
July 2013 during my Mac crawl with my SIL
Next stop was still in Irvine to a donut shop promising my latest donut flavor obsession...


5 comments:
Oh yes. The ham and cheese croissant from here is my second favorite of all time (same flaky croissant wonder as the chocolate one bert liked, combined with the ham and cheese filling...) so the soft bread, still warm and fresh and topped with mayonnaise- seems to be a road trip in our future...
Hi CC, I finally made a stop here this past weekend as well and REALLY loved the macarons! I had already bought a ton of pastries from 85C though and didn't get the pastries this time, but I'll definitely be back for the ham & cheese croissants! Thanks for the recommendation :)
hi cathy - i think now i will try more of those ham and cheese savory pastries. :) you will like this ham roll, i tell you!
hi jinxi - thanks and yay! i'm so glad u went! their macs are good but I like ROCQ's better. too bad whole foods is too damn far for me to drive to get some tho'.
I'm so surprised you didn't get any macs! that shot of TC's Frank roll is so pretty.
hi kirbie, i know...that was kind of strange NOT getting even one mac, but i've tried most of the flavors that i liked over there already. i'm ready for something new! :)
thanks - she enjoyed her roll. there was some sort of crispy bread crumb thing (panko maybe?) on top that she liked. the pastries here are quality.
Post a Comment