"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Euro Pane Bakery

After our last stop at Cream Pan, we relaxed while we enjoyed the drive up to Pasadena, passing through crappy construction on the I-5. Once we arrived in Pasadena, Cathy showed me the barn where the floats are kept for the Rose Parade as well as a portio of the parade route, and several notable restaurants and landmarks in the area.

We still had plenty of time to kill before the book signing, so lunch was in order!

I remembered one of Cathy's older posts on this European bakery (linked at the end) so that was where we had our mid-day sustenance...


Their menu:

So many good things to choose from:

Oh yes...this was our obession for the day!

Must. Have.

It's very casual in here. The decor is light and fresh. I liked the handpainted designs on the floor too.

Cathy's Coffe plus her Ham and Cheese quiche with a rosemarry currant roll (If I'm wrong, please correct me)...

Both of our entrees plus my macarons!

My meatloaf sandwich ($8.75)...

My meatloaf sandwich was so delicious. I really liked the texture and the mixture of the two ground meats in here (beef and pork) along with the grated carrots and onions. Very nice this was with the sourdough bread, mayo, and mustard.

Mmmm, crust1

I couldn't resist getting a couple of macarons to savor for later. I was a good chick. I didn't get ALL of the flavors, haha.

Of all the macarons we got that day, these were the least expensive and also the largest. The flavors were also quite intense. I had the blackberry later that evening and shared the passionfruit the day after. Very very intense with a soft filling, which I realized later was buttercream, not ganache. The texture was different than other macarons I've had before.  I would definitely go back to try the other flavors, if nothing else.

Who else went to this location of Euro Pane?

Why Cathy of Mmm-Yoso, of course:
October 2012

Other reviews:
Hungry? City Blog
and the Food Gastronomer from Gastronomy

Euro Pane
950 E. Colorado Blvd., Suite 107
Pasadena, CA 91106
(626) 577-1828

They do not have a working website. 0 _ o

Next  stop, yet another place that sold macarons!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just want to say that I want to visit San Diego just so I can go restaurant hopping and eat yummy food...and visit you, of course!

caninecologne said...

hi C - awww, please come and visit us!!!! we would love to have you guys come over! we have the beaches, the mountains, so many attractions here, plus good food from so many diff't cultures and also....REAL MEXICAN food! :)

Cathy Doe said...

I'm going to buy a loaf of bread from here next time...and try the egg salad sandwich...and the macarons- the perspective in the photos makes them look softball size! Food is so good here.

caninecologne said...

i want to try their other flavors of macarons. i was trying to get flavors i hadn't bought (since I went crazy at Bon Epi). egg salad sounds really good about now, but no. sammoon in a few hours!