"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day Lunch: K-Pasta 3x

When we like something, we go back...

I'm pretty sure that K-Pasta is on our short list for our "rotation"...

Breaking tradition this year, after having gone to Que Huong two years in a row for Mother's Day, I wanted something different and closer to home...


K-Pasta fit the bill perfectly since we are down in the area every weekend. We got there a little bit after they opened and had our lunch out on their covered patio...

Their pasta flavors and sauce choices...

Hmmm, Roast Beef sandwich? Next visit please!

No more Banoffee pie? Bummer! One day we'll have to try their desserts.; That Strawberry Lemonade pie sounds intriguing!

Our beverages - Bert's beer and the Italian soda that TC and I shared:

Bert's local craft brew, the Mermaid's Red from Coronado.

Bert liked this - it was a bit too "hoppy" for me, but I did like the aftertaste.

Upon closer inspection, I saw that this pretty velvety purple flower was taken from the bushes from the street corner!

Our orders:

TC's thinly sliced beef sliders with housemade pickles on top! So cute!

Bert's spinach pasta with oven roasted chicken breast and vodka cream sauce. It was served with a side of garlic bread and salad (not pictured) with house dressing. He was a bit disappointed because he really wanted to try their chicken sausage, but they were out. The suppliers (Tarantino) only gave them so much and apparently, it had been so popular the last two weeks that they kept running short! We will have to go back again (or at least call ahead to see if they have it) to try that chicken sausage. In any case, Bert was still happy with this dish. The sauce was creamy but not too heavy. As a "plus", the sauce also came with regular Italian sausage, so it was like he got two meats in this dish!

My mozzarella stuffed meatball sandwich fresh tomatoes,basil, and cheese and served with a housemade pickle. I normally don't like pickles, but this was really good. It tasted so clean and fresh! The stem was still attached and the cucumber was still "young". Very nice.

Now THIS is the meatball I was looking for last time (when there was hardly any cheese). Yeah, just look at that meatball oozing out some cheesy goodness...times three. I ended up not picking this up because it looked too messy. I deconstructed it and just scraped the inside of the garlic roll. Less carbs that way, ha ha.

TC really liked her beef sliders! They were perfectly sized for her. The beef was sliced so thinly and was very soft and flavorful. She also like the bread.

This was a really nice surprise, a complimentary "Mother's Day dessert" which was a panna cotta flavored and dusted with green tea on top of blueberry sauce...

The dessert was smooth and light and not too sweet.

A perfect dessert to end our lunch!

Previous visits to K-Pasta:
first one (March) with TC, and the 2nd visit just a few weeks ago, where we tried the Mad Lab Basil beer...

Methinks we'll be coming here again to try their housemade ravioli and lasagna!

2 comments:

KirkK said...

Looks like a nice MD meal CC! Happy Mother's Day!

caninecologne said...

It was a great lunch! Thanks Kirk! :)