"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Monday, March 25, 2013

Krispy Kreme - Eastlake

While I do enjoy a good donut now and then...

my taste for donuts doesn't compare to Homer's donut eating prowess (from the episode where Homer sells his soul for a donut)...

Perhaps that's a good thing?

Since my earlier attempt at dessert was rebuffed (dammit, I wanted to check out Swoon or return to Eclipse for that frozen PB mousse), TC and I opted to utilize my coupon at the local Krispy Kreme out in Eastlake (this is in the Kohl's parking lot), next to Fruitiza, a Mexican juice place (they serve Chamangos there!).

Hmmmm....

To be honest, this was my first time in here. I only have Krispy Kreme whenever students have fundraisers, like Food Fair or when TC was still in elementary school, at the Fall Festival.

I haven't been inside a donut place since Mary's in Santee. Sorry, Stardust in IB doesn't count since it's only a counter and not an actual store. All right, I lied, Donut Star in Hillcrest counts, but we went there for Shave Ice not donuts. Anyways, let's just look at these babies won't we?

Filled, glazed, cake or yeast....

This is what we got - the Maple Bar in the front was for Bert...

TC chose the Cookies and Creme donut (made with Oreos). They had an actual Oreo cake donut but she doesn't like the cake donut texture and it was frosted with whipped cream on top. She thought it was overkill and liked this one instead. Cream filled it was.

I couldn't resist the bright yellow stripes of this Banana Creme filled bar.

None of that penis shaped business like at Voodoo Donuts. No wierd names or cereal toppings or medicine spiked fillings either.

Our total for the three ass expanders donuts was $2.38 (which included my free donut). Not bad, eh.

Even though the banana flavor tasted artificial, I didn't mind. Liked it I did. Very much indeed.  From what I remember, the donuts aren't made fresh here but are driven here each morning from the Clairmont location.

Krispy Kreme
2305 Eastlake Parkway, Suite 206
Chula Vista, CA 91915
(619) 482-8700

www.krispykreme.com

Speaking of donuts, please see Darlene's brand spankin' new post on the grand opening of Donut Bar downtown! Their artwork features a panel from her comic book, "The Girl with the Donut Tattoo"! Yowzah!

Gotta try some of them donuts soon! Like tomorrow, heh heh! That chocolate espresso donut is calling my name!

2 comments:

sighgee said...

We have to go to The Donut Bar on B street downtown. I just saw it on KUSI this morning and it drove me to go get donuts on the way home from work (from someplace else unfortunately). But I think you and I should try The Donut Bar together!!!!

xoxo
Cyrillynn

caninecologne said...

hi sigh, just went there yesterday (that post will be up in afe days). but yes, let's do it. how about during our record store crawl? we'll start off the day there! :)