
We also made paid a visit to the very cool Oregon Film Museum and spent some quality time there before heading back out to make a pop culture pilgrimage to one of Astoria's most famous homes...
I'm talkin' 'bout this people...

THE GOONIES HOUSE!

It's up a private driveway. You must park down the hill or block, not in their driveway. Visitors are allowed to walk up the driveway and take photos but knocking on the doors and disturbing the occupants in a big no-no!

I kept expecting Data to come crashing through on his zipline or Chunk doing his "Truffle Shuffle" before entering the house! Believe it or not, I'd never seen the movie until BEFORE our Portland trip. Bert saw it when it came out and we rented it several years ago but I wasn't into it and never finished the movie. The movie is a bit childish (I didn't like the "Sloth" character), and I'm not really into the "pirates" and "buried treasure storyline but it was still cool seeing THE house used in the movie...
Here's a cool video where you can get an "inside" tour of the house:
In this vid, these guys went all out and not only visited the house but the other filming locations from the Goonies (Cannon Beach). It's a long video but I liked how they intercut the major scenes from the movies with present day footage:
So that was our quick stop to the Goonies House! It was time to head out of Astoria and travel down the beautiful Oregon coast!


2 comments:
I absolutely LOVED this movie when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure I've seen it about a hundred times. I think it'd be so cool to see the house and where it was filmed - good times!
this seems to be a favorite movie for many! wow, a hundred times? that's more times than i've seen MY favorite flicks (16 candles and fast times)! if you and jake are ever up in oregon, take a detour to Astoria!!!!!
Post a Comment