
The anti-Voodoo Donuts you could say.

No wierd flavors or "shapes" here, but most importantly, no long line!
As you can see from the photos, there was very little cloud cover that day. Hallelujah, right? This, unfortunately was one of the few times we saw the sun during our trip.

See? Short line. Lots of room to sit. I'd read about Tonalli's from the "Zinester's Guide to Portland" and how it was usually in the shadow of that other donut place. You know the one. Well, we just had to come here and check it out.

Low prices too.

The folks working here were super nice as well. Very patient as we made our decisions.

I got my usual, the chocolate old fashioned. I love breaking off the edges.

Now this was something I regret not having, the Glazed Deep Fried Banana bar. I only had room for one donut and if we took this with us, I was afraid it would get melted and gross in the car. We still had lots of places to check out before going to our hotel.

Unlike us, TC didn't want donuts. Instead, she chose an ice cream cone...

This was the Huckleberry flavor which she enjoyed.

I liked these retro pleather chairs (Naugahyde perhaps?)...

Since the sun made a rare appearance, we chose to sit outside to enjoy the warmth. Bert got the maple frosted buttermilk bar along with an caramel coffee.

My donut was nice and fresh. The crisp edges were beginning to melt from the heat. I ate the pieces I could finish and saved the rest for later..

More on Tonalli's here:
yelp
and a a Vancouver, BC based blog, My Daily Dalliances with Food
Tonalli's does not have a website.
What's next?
Time to cross state lines!


No comments:
Post a Comment