
We needed a shot of something less staid...

Something more attuned to the geeky masses...
Pop Culture was our next destination on our radar.

Serving hot dogs, burgers and other fried crap....

Well now...we were going to customize it!

In the evenings, there are live performances here.

See the frisbees on the wall? Food is served on those. Functional decor, eh?

I thought the sign on the tip jar was funny...

The wall of sodas - their website boasts that they offer over 300 kinds. I didn't see quite that many brands here. Maybe they weren't fully stocked? There was also a vintage soda machine at the end.

Some of the sodas...Frostie is a good one!

Plus some foreign sodas...I spy Ramune.

The folks who work here are big into comics. Bert was happy to see that they had a poster of Thane's alter ego, "Moon Knight" (Marc Spectre).

Here are our sodas and our mac and cheese bites. Berts chose a local brand, Crater Lake, Rootbeer flavor, while TC wanted the Kickapoo Joy Juice. I stuck with the Jackson Hole Soda - the High Mountain Huckleberry flavor which had a whopping 45 grams of sugar! Yikes!

Each table had a big canister full of soda caps...

The mac and cheese bites were dinky compared to the monsters we got at Bonnie Jean's. Sadly, these were not as tasty as Bonnie Jeans as well. There were five small triangular pieces. They weren't totally terrible, but they weren't mouthwateringly awesome either. The bites came with a side of ranch.

Our customized hotdog came with olives, ketchup, and relish. All dogs come with a side of kettle chips. The dog is from Nathan's so it had that nice snap. It was also split down the middle, just like those folks that are into body modification. Okay, how's that for some colorful imagery. Sorry for any tribal folks reading this but seriously, the dog was good but a bit on the salty side. The bun was not so good - white bread bun and cold. Not even toasted. I wasn't expecting an artisanal type bun here of course, but at least toast the damn thing!

For your reading pleasure...

There was also a piano on the other side of the room with a life size Spiderman doll laying supine on top of the piano like Kim Basinger in "The Fabulous Baker Boys" but not as sexy and without a red dress.
TC did my dirty work and dutifully took some photos of the graffiti in their bathroom. Can you see the Rolling Stones lips? Bruce Lee? I loved the "Sit on it Potsie" reference. Geez, I'm old!

Metallica dude!

Where's the smiley face with the bloody bullet hole?

Our cheesy, fatty, salty, and sugary snacks and drinks would hopefully last us until dinner with KDB down in his 'hood.
Official site of Pop Culture if you ever decide to stop by...
But wait, there's more!
A visit to a local school twenty minutes away...


4 comments:
Totally unrelated, but I just wanted to tell you that I saw "Water for Elephants" a few weeks ago. I wanted to see it AFTER I read the book. I read the book in less than 2 days. I was disappointed in the movie. I shouldn't have been surprised, since I don't think there's ever been a movie created that I've liked better than the book! :) I'm such a snob.
RobPattz did look good in the movie though! :)
Hi C - The book is usually better than the movie but I thought they did a good job with recreating the time period. And OMG, RPattz looked amazing in those outfits, especially when he was dirrrrty!
Unfortunately, I don't think the pizza was good that day and I think they left it in the oven too long. BUT it was great to catch up with you and your family. We should do this morning often!
hi darlene - yeah, the crust was a bit too hard and heavy but i really liked their variety of toppings. let's do it again and try another place! :)
Post a Comment