This was Bert's plate - his second, I think. He had a piece of the tandoor chicken (which looked burnt to me so I didn't get one), plus some fried pakoora, a stew with bamboo shoots and potatoes and something else with chicken. God, don't you just love my encyclopedic knowledge of Tibetan food? Seriously though, he liked the different entrees that were available, but I was saving my appetite for dinner later that night...It was going to be Indonesian...
A placard for Tibetan beer...
Bert ordered one of those Llasa beers while I had champagne since this was considered a weekend brunch.
More of Bert's beer bottle because it's so fkg exciting, ain't it.
After lunch, we walked a few doors down to another place I had the pleasure of visiting earlier that month, the very cute and tiny Mignon Chocolate shop (see my original post here). What was cool was the lady working there remembered me from before! We got a box of 14 truffles to go...From the top left covered with NUTZ is Hazelnut, Cappuccino, Spicy Chile (and it was!)....The white one in the middle with the green stripes was Irish Cream, below to the right with the pink stripes was Raspberry. At the lower left corner was the dark chocolate covered caramel patty with gingered sea salt and a cocoa covered Dark Chocolate truffle. That was just the top layer. Unfortunately, I didn't take pix of the rest of the chocolates which included: Pomegranate, Blueberry, Ginger Sea Salt, a Pharaoh shaped chocolate, and a few others I don't recall...
Here's another view of the chocolates. This time, you can see the dark chocolate covered caramel patty with gingered sea salt. The lady said those were new and she gave us three pieces for free! Nice! She wanted to know if we thought it was too salty because some customers considered it too salty. We thought it was just fine. The caramel was just a thin layer, but it went well together with the dark chocolate and the salt. At the lower left was the Ginger Sea Salt chocolate and peeking ever so slightly underneath it was the Blueberry chocolate...
Here's the box again...These chocolates were such sexy bitches. It seemed like a crime to eat such mini works of art.
For TC, we bought a chocolate cup topped with fresh berries...quite delicious!
We had some time to kill so we drove around Pasadena and decided to check out their City Hall...











2 comments:
zomg those chocolates make my heart flutter. Thanks for bringing Mignon Chocolate to my attention. Can't wait to hit it up on my next stress-induced carb binge!
hi roger - yeah, if you're ever up in pasadena, check out mignon!!!!!
Post a Comment