"Ride the Lightning" (full album) - Metallica

Sunday, February 07, 2010

Mignon Chocolate

After lunch we went next door to the Tibet Kathmandu gift store. I didn't get anything but we all just looked around while TORC and the Prof found a few souvenirs. A few doors down was the chocolate shop we saw on our way to Tibet Nepal House...to Mignon Chocolate.
Unbeknownst to us, there was a large group of tourists crammed inside; apparently they were on some sort of tour group that made a pit stop at Mignon (see Yelp reviews here). See all the people? When I opened the door, they all looked at us like, Who the F are you? They were all old and crusty. The owner of the store was giving out free samples as well...
Click on the photo to read more about the History of this establishment...
As you can see the shop is quite small...but they have a large selection of handmade gourmet chocolates with exquisitely exotic flavors...
They also had various types of chocolate bars ranging from white to milk to dark chocolate as well as sugarfree. I don't know about you, but sugarfree is pointless to me. Unless you have a medical condition that requires you to reduce your sugar intake.
Here are some of their truffles...
Here are some of their other flavors of gourmet chocolates...The one with the pretty flower pattern is their most popular flavor - dark chocolate with lavender. I'm not much of a lavender fan. Last year, one of my co-workers went to Croatia and brought me back this intensely scented lavender sachet along with a small vial of lavender oil. It was from some island off Croatia and they were known for their lavender. It was the best lavender I've ever inhaled!
More of the interior...
If you are ever in Pasadena, you may want to check out this cute little chocolate shop. Their prices are very reasonable for the quality and variety that they offer. The woman working there (she's really beautiful by the way) is the third generation and was really proud of their products. She was very friendly and gave us several free samples to try.

I ended up buying Bert's Valentine's gift early - it was $14 for 12 pieces of chocolate. Each piece I chose was different. I wish I could describe them but since Bert reads my blog from time to time, I don't want to ruin the surprise. You can check Mignon's website to see their different flavors and varieties. Each piece is really beautiful and I wish I had bought some for myself. It's just another excuse to go up to Pasadena I guess!

Time was wasting so we headed back to the Pacific Asia Musem to catch the 2 pm showing of "Memories of a Forgotten War".

No comments: